[lbo-talk] Sex and the city: the battle of the sexes (was: Theory of Porn)

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 5 09:23:34 PST 2004

At 10:58 AM 2/5/2004, Jon Johanning wrote:
>On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 09:16 AM, kelley at pulpculture.org wrote:
>
>It's interesting to me that the subject how many het men feel powerless in
>their relationships with women has not come up. Most feminists have a
>simple view: as you say, women don't have power; men do. Men rape women;
>women (hardly ever) reciprocate. Therefore, it's impossible for men to
>feel that women have more power than they do.

i'd like to discuss this (and the rest of your post more, but later because i have a few busy days planned). in the meantime, here's something to ponder.

A couple of weeks ago, the radio station was reporting on a survey of men's attitudes toward the women on Sex and the City.

Who they find sexiest:

1. Samantha 2. Miranda 3. Carrie 4. Charlotte

Who they'd most like to date:

1. Charlotte 2. Carrie 3. Miranda 4. Samantha

Who they most like to fuck:

1. Charlotte 2. Samantha 3. Miranda 4. Carrie

i'm curious what the show's fans think about the 'findings' -- yes, yes, they're imperfect. WOTevah!