[lbo-talk] soviet workers - money, but no goods!

heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 10:21:21 PST 2004

Chris Doss appears to be having his leg pulled, when he quotes:

'Yes, we had no possibility to buy many things but not because we were short of money - import was not developed and we were too closed country, you know.'

But isn't that the point? Soviet output was so poor in quality that the domestic consumer goods sector could not meet ordinary people's basic needs. So Chris, you win, workers were rich under Brezhnev, it's just that they did not have anything to spend their money on!