[lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:41:24 PST 2004

(Did Ralph Nader at some point say he was against gay
>marriage, in the 1996 campaign, or am I scurrilously hallucinating??)

I think you are referring to the "gonadal politics" line from Nader's 1996 campaign when he _did_ in fact drop out of the race and support Clinton because he wasn't prepared to run a real presidential race. He used the phrase _once_ years ago and the Democrats have been dragging it out ever since then. The real point of that line was that he thought such issues as gay marriage and pro-choice were _duh_ issues, of _course_ women should have the right to choose, of _course_ gay couples should be able to marry, lets move on to the real meaty issues of corporate control of politics. When the media only gives him 30 seconds of air time he's gotta focus on what he thinks is most important and he feels these simple issues are a smoke screen used to distract americans from the more pressing issues of corporate control (because that corporate control is controling these other issues). http://wolfgang.groogroo.com/politics/nader3.html

_________________________________________________________________ Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime features! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=dialup/home&ST=1