FW: [lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Feb 5 15:05:57 PST 2004

-----Original Message----- From: Max B. Sawicky [mailto:sawicky at bellatlantic.net] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:06 PM To: Max B. Sawicky Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

correction: they didn't vote right on the other issues -- they voted the same.

-----Original Message----- From: Max B. Sawicky [mailto:sawicky at bellatlantic.net] Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:04 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

I make no brief for Kerry, but almost all senators voted for the revolting welfare reform bill.

Rick's result comes from Kerry not voting against tax cuts, out of only five issues. On the rest, both he and JL both voted right.

Joe L. has a relatively high ADA rating -- 85% -- better than a lot of people you might think were ahead of him. But in the grand scheme of things, it should be clear that Lieberman makes his living looking down his nose at the left.

Catalogs of Kerry's deficiencies are best joined to statements of what he should be for. It could have some impact on the campaign.

As for endorsing the ADA, at this moment in history its position on the elections looks to be quite congruent with that of one D. Henwood.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Yoshie Furuhashi Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 3:15 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; furuhashi.1 at osu.edu Subject: [lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

But, notwithstanding all that, I'm also surprised you put so much stock in ADA Senatorial scores.

I'm not endorsing the ADA (that's Max's job), but it's a venerable and reasonably "objective" measure. Do you have any evidence of Kerry's deep GOPness aside from a feeling?

Doug