[lbo-talk] Re: House votes to extend unemployment benefits

Will Thurber wthurber at taro.bus.BrockU.CA
Thu Feb 5 16:47:45 PST 2004

At 08:41 AM 2/5/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>"Sometimes people vote for political reasons," DeLay said about the GOP
>defections. "It's more important to provide jobs than unemployment."

Gosh I am so uncomfortable defending Delay, but if Delay meant jobs are preferable to unemployment benefits then he is right.

Now why extending unemployment benefits should prevents job growth, or why we should believe that this administration is even capable of developing an economy with job growth, of that I have no idea.