[lbo-talk] Soros

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Feb 6 06:01:18 PST 2004

At 8:10 AM -0500 6/2/04, Hari Kumar wrote:

>I have been meaning to ask for soem tiem what people felt Soros
>really represetns. While agreeing to some extent wiht both of the
>above,I am sure there is more to add. What is the most penetrating
>analysis of sors that LBO friends can cite plese?

Soros is a wealthy capitalist who apparently doesn't believe that another term for Bush is in the best interests of the capitalist class. Well, that's his story anyhow, it may be simply that he doesn't perceive Bush as acting in the best interests of HIS sector of the capitalist class.

I don't know which it is, it needs more analysis than I've got time for. But it seems a worthy project.

My instinct though is to believe Soros when he says that Bush is bad for American capitalism and hence not in the best long term interests of capitalism. Unlike Soros though, the long term best interests of American capitalism is not something I hold dear (the working class and the capitalist class have nothing in common) so the more Soros bitches about Bush, the more inclined I am to barrack for Bush. ;-)

I would be very interested in studying any analysis which might suggest this is unwise. So I join Hari in calling for submissions.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas