[lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 6 09:22:32 PST 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>> At this point, anyone who says there's
>> no difference between the two parties won't get taken very seriously
>> by more than a handful of people - and not just in the U.S.
>
>Doug, you have a very bad habit of making up positions to attack.

Oh right. No one ever says there's no difference between the two parties. No one here has recently claimed that Kerry is a Republican, either. I just make this shit up.

I don't know why you & your comrades keep ignoring the second part of my standard formula. So, let me repeat this, in words as close to one syllable as I can manage: There are some differences between the D & R parties. They make a difference in people's lives and should not be dismissed. But there are enough similarities that having a Dem in power that it makes people more open to a radical analysis because they're more likely to see The System as a problem rather than a party or personnel.

Doug