[lbo-talk] RE: Sex and the city...

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Feb 6 10:14:00 PST 2004

joanna bujes wrote:

> "In this light, I don't think it is a stretch to say that male value of

> the virginal and never "owned" Charlotte would be higher than the more

> easily "owned" Samantha."

> So men prefer inexperienced women and then complain about bad sex. I

> guess the punishment fits the crime in this case.

No, *some* men prefer inexperienced women and virgins. People are going to moan as I throw the monkeywrench of relativism into this dicussion, but men and women simply can't reduced down to simple stereotypes. The categories of men and women contain individuals. There are some commonalities among certain segments within thes broad classes, but people are individuals with their own tastes. Often these tastes conflict with each other, such as the person who is attracted to a flamboyant "nympho" while desiring some kind of stable relationship. And tastes change over the course of one's life.

I've never had any attraction to inexperienced women and my experience at a younger age with women who were uptight and inexperienced soured me on any fantasies involving inexperienced women. Charlotte is the type that I'd be attracted to for her looks, but who would totally be wrong for me on many levels. She is a "relationship high maintenance" type of woman. Charlotte is prissy and uptight. She would be no fun in bed because she has little to no experience. Charlotte would be the type of woman that I would have been attracted to duirng my younger, more insecure years.

Miranda is a bit better and her character represents the type of women that I mostly know in my personal life. She's prissy and somewhat uptight, but more neurotic than Charlotte. Miranda would be the best bet for a long term relationship and some good sex, as long as she isn't overly neurotic. I haven't watched enough of the show to fully understand Miranda's character. The actress that plays Miranda is attractive, but she's not my type.

Carrie is to die for, not just because Sarah Jessica Parker is so sexy and hot. Carrie is somewhat neurotic, but she doesn't seem paralyzed by her fears. Carrie is hot like the rest of her friends because she is smart, witty, confident and totally involved in her life. She gets upset when a relationship doesn't work out, but she moves on rather quickly and doesn't obsess too much about the last one. Carrie also has the best legs and hair out of all four, so she is the cinch for me.

Samantha is the devil-may-care sexual dynamo. Liza makes a good point about Samantha as the "sexual vampire," who would make many men insecure throughout any relationship with her. She manages to make even the most cocky men insecure, not just the average guys prone to insecurity and jealousy. Guys want to feel like they matter and not just like they are a sex toy to be discarded after one use (Samantha is welcome to have her way with me and discard me after one use). And I agree with Liza that it was interesting to pair Samantha up with the young model studmuffin.

Now if activist women were more like Carrie and less like Charlotte...

Chuck0