[lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 6 13:17:14 PST 2004

> > Also: putting the health reform on the national agenda (it refuses to
>> die ever since)
>
>This is just plain false. That issue was on the agenda before Clinton ever
>was, and he and Hillary and their Jackson Hole whore group scuttled
>meaningful reform in a way the Republicans could never have achieved (as
>with Welfare Reform). Look up what Steffie Woolhandler has to say about
>Hillary.

I have said harsh things about HRC's stewardship of the health care reform effort--things harsh enough to get me quoted on Rush Limbaugh, and to lead former high White House officials to pay me a "visit".

But the last thing she wanted or tried to do was to scuttle reform. She worked her butt off for two years full-time (much of it in counterproductive ways) but not because she didn't want national health insurance to happen.

Brad DeLong