[lbo-talk] re:Kerry: America First!

Hari Kumar hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 6 15:40:03 PST 2004

>>Doug, you have a very bad habit of making up positions to attack.

Oh right. No one ever says there's no difference between the two parties. No one here has recently claimed that Kerry is a Republican, either. I just make this shit up. I don't know why you & your comrades keep ignoring the second part of my standard formula. So, let me repeat this, in words as close to one syllable as I can manage: There are some differences between the D & R parties. They make a difference in people's lives and should not be dismissed. But there are enough similarities that having a Dem in power that it makes people more open to a radical analysis because they're more likely to see The System as a problem rather than a party or personnel. Doug

In excitement: Ahah! That is a far superior version of the Lenin's paraphrase re Support-the-SD's-like-a-rope-supports-a-hanged-man - Than the version I offered PEN. If I recall Caroll: Indeed, Doug is right - because you did seem to take that as an opportunity to lecture me. Not that I do not deserve t as regards the USA scene. Anyway, Hari - A Name Shared with many million others emanating from the Indian Subcontinent.