[lbo-talk] Leftists and sex

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Feb 8 10:42:13 PST 2004

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 02:36 PM, Stephen E Philion wrote:

> I also think you have the northern
> european influence in American culture that has a bad
> effect on how people live in their bodies.
>

> --yeah, that ALSO has a slight impact....but not as much as those left
> wing feminazis who have simply ruined the potential for America to be
> like Europe. i'm tired of those feminazi sponsored protests against
> nude beaches out here in the midwest...

LOL! (I fondly remember those beaches from my Hoosier childhood. Well, of course my sex-hostile parents didn't allow me on the nude ones, but I managed to peek through the bushes.)

I wonder whether the enhanced sexiness of the southern European men is in any way connected with the tolerance of French and Italian cultures for husbands having mistresses, and what the feminists in those countries have to say about that. Perhaps northern European fidelity (however unsexy) has something to recommend it. :-)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt