[lbo-talk] Video Korea

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 16:43:57 PST 2004

DRR wrote:

I read somewhere that Korea has the highest rates of broadband connection in the world. Isn't there a lively videogame culture there?

Yes, very lively.

One of the major outlets for gaming culture is the PC Baang ('baang' as in room), which are storefront operations filled with networked PCs optimized for multi-user gaming.

Similar businesses have opened here but are nowhere near as high profile.

Here's an article on the PC Baangs:

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3408689,00.html

Some of the most steely-eyed, hardcore keyboard jockeys I've ever met are located in S. Korea.

DRM