[lbo-talk] Bush interview revisited

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Tue Feb 10 05:58:23 PST 2004

one of Russert's questions , there are mad men all around the world why attack Hussein, included a short list of examples amongst whom was Castro ! This for me exemplified this media malaise for inaccurate generalisations that enforce misconceptions. Even if you don't like the man to call him mad is a bit extreme ? The BBC is sadly not lacking in dimwits, I heard a reporter the other day spout something along the lines of ' after Colin Powell's credible presentation to the UN we now find a lack of etc' , at the time I didn't think the world thought he was credible, more like a thinly stretched fabrication ?

Gary? ride si sapis