[lbo-talk] Bush interview revisited

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Tue Feb 10 10:55:05 PST 2004

From: Marta Russell
> This came up on a disability list serve I am on. Agreement was
that
> "mad", "crazy", etc. are used as pejoratives and the utterer
should
> be more specific as to what s/he means.

point taken, it must drive the disabled crazy to hear such offhand comments.

> >The BBC is sadly not lacking in dimwits,
>

> now you regress. Why use dimwit? That is another pejorative
of the
> kind you complain being used against Castro.

I believe there is a certain level of acuity necessary to report on such matters, the reporter showed a marked lack. Dim of wit seemed appropriate.

I was remarking on the inclusion of Castro on the list, the negative could have been anything. I am just a little tired of hearing the same garbage rolled out every time Cuba is mentioned. People don't seem to realise everything Castro has been accused of over the years this government is handing out in spades, detainment without legal representation , suggestions to spy on ones neighbour, wire tapping , infiltration of opposition groups etc etc and for the same reasons, Castro in answer to actual repeated assassination attempts Bush on the pretext of combating terrorism. At least the Cubans got free health care.

Gary? ride si sapis