[lbo-talk] White House Projects 2.6 Million Jobs Created This Year

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 10 12:37:09 PST 2004

>Now, I'm not one of your fancy big city econs, but
>this seems optimistic to the point of hallucination.
>Surely they jest.
>
>DRM

Yep. Greg Mankiw has taken a dive on the employment growth "projection" (I can't call it a forecast or an estimate).

He has, curiously enough, held the line on the GDP growth projection. The result is that the CEA is implicitly assuming that productivity will not grow at all in this calendar year.

Brad DeLong