[lbo-talk] Jews and Revelation

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Fri Feb 13 04:48:04 PST 2004

On Friday, February 13, 2004, at 05:16 AM, kelley at pulpculture.org wrote:

> At 12:01 AM 2/13/2004, you wrote:
>> Btw I hear Madonna has become A Kabbalist, is
>> this true, Doug?
>

> Yes. She and a few other Hollywood types,apparently. According to one
> popular interpretation, it's because Kbbalism teaches that your
> wealth, achievements, etc are gifts from dog.

yeah, i'm pretty sure that's straight out of isaac luria, or maybe it was abraham abulafia. moses de leon has a bit in the zohar about how the torah is like a fund manager, winking and flashing bills at you from the door of her wall street office, but if you're not willing to be rich and famous, you won't notice and won't pursue her. but if you do . . . jackpot, baby!

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/