[lbo-talk] Funny Germans...

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 08:12:36 PST 2004

Mozrat was Austrian. Marx is actually hilarious. So is Heine, and Goethe can be funny when he wants. Nietzsche is funny. But he hated Germans. Humor is not a natural mode for them. The Brits and the French and the Jews are lots funnier. The Russians can be very funny -- Gogol, Dosteyevsky. Not Tolstoi.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1146008,00.html