[lbo-talk] MM to W

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Feb 13 08:32:38 PST 2004

Yoshie:

> Will Kerry bring them home?
> --

Let's see. A few months ago someone broke into several apartments in my neighborhood, stealing a whole bunch of goodies. Right now, my neighbors are talking about creating a neighborhood watch and other anti-crime measures. Will these measures bring the stolen goodies back?

The damage that Bush and his cronies did to this country, international relations and the world goes well beyond the stolen presidency. In fact these warlocks set the country on the course that will take years to correct. Even if Bush is not re-elected in 2004, the money he pilfered from the taxpayers will still be in the pockets of Halliburton and company. The war in Iraq will go on with or without US troops - actually withdrawing US troops would make the situation even worse. I do not see anything wrong with US-sers having to clean up a mess that their so-called "president" created. And if a few of them die in the process - tough luck.

Bush and Co. are a bunch of criminals who broke a number of US and international laws. Perhaps they are not as bad as Pol Pot or Hitler, but certainly worse than Milosevic. I would put them on a par with Saddam Hussein. The only reason why these trolls do not face a tribunal is that they are backed by a big chunk (if not the majority) of the US establishment and population.

But even if people come to their senses in 2004 and elect someone else (provided the election will not be rigged), and even if by some odd chance Bush and company are held responsible for their crimes - that will not undo the damage they have already done, just like the trial of Milosevic will to put Yugoslavia back together.

Wojtek