[lbo-talk] Re: Strauss, Arendt, and Multi-vitamins

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Feb 13 09:39:48 PST 2004

"Straussian man has no body, no feelings; the 'structure of personality' is identified with cognition, language and interaction... Ken

---------

Yeah. But the trouble is cognition and language are all I have to reconstruct Strauss. The utopian vision is Zionism, but he is lousing his interest in it as a direct program, so he is transforming those impulses into the idea of `nation' in the abstract.

In general he was off his meds.

I am afraid I am off mine too. Maybe reading too much of this stuff is bad for you. None of my friends will talk to me about it anymore. The guys at work just roll their eyes back at even the hint of `going there'.

But hey, the Germans are not the only humorless crew. Where are the chuckles at the White House? Americans are getting to be pretty damned allergic to laughter.

The FCC investigating Janet Jackson's tit flap in the face of mass corporate fraud and a bogus war, demonstrates some serious iron deficiency. These guys need to see Nurse Ratchet for an enema.

Chuck Grimes