[lbo-talk] NYT: Conservatives Shine Spotlight on Kerry's Antiwar Record

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 12:07:32 PST 2004

> Or, he could go out of his way to prove otherwise -
> e.g., support a
> marriage amendment, etc. It'd be a rich irony if the
>
> Bush-went-AWOL/Kerry-was-a-hero trope ends up as a
> backdoor
> reinforcement of miliatary values, and the elction
> turns on who's the
> authentic warrior.

Or he could spin it in another direction: Bush as the liar. He lied about his military service, just as he lied about Iraq. I believe one reason that Bush was voted for by independents was to restore "integrity" to the Presidency. If you make Bush out to be a liar or, at least, guilty of dissimulation, you destroy that myth. Of course, that could backfire since Kerry tends to waffle on issues.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"