[lbo-talk] the presidential prayer team

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:42:47 PST 2004

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>
>[making the rounds]
>
>The Presidential Prayer Team is currently urging us to "Pray for the
>President as he seeks wisdom on how to legally codify the definition of
>marriage. Pray that it will be according to Biblical principles. ...
>If you have other Biblical injunctions to add to this list, please share
>them with the Presidential Prayer Team:
><http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org>

[Well, I suppose a dose of 1 Corinthians 13 won't hurt:]

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;... 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

###

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/