[lbo-talk] Iraqi communists on "resistance"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:47:29 PST 2004

uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > What does have a future? I really don't get your position here - do
> > you admire the "resistance" because they can blow stuff up?
>
> Strategy and tactical decisions are best left to the local Iraqi fighters.

Especially because chattering from the u.s. by anyone, left, right, or center, is not going to have a damn bit of impact on their decisions as to goals, strategy, or tactics. A post which I did not read on another list had the subject line, "Secret report hints of Iraq 'Balkanization.'" I didn't bother to open it because I have assumed all along that that would follow as soon as the aggressor's armies withdrew. Of course that may be the U.S. intention, but only the Iraqis themselves can do anything about it.

Carrol