[lbo-talk] 2/14---day of purity

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sat Feb 14 11:10:34 PST 2004

http://www.lc.org/dayofpurity/testimonials.htm

http://www.lc.org/dayofpurity.htm

Every day we are receiving wonderful testimonies from youth who have committed to a life of purity in mind and in actions, as well as parents, pastors, and leaders who are committed to helping make positive changes in our society. We will continue to post a few of these comments below.

"I am a teen who has already committed to being pure, but this kind of stuff sure helps to reinforce my beliefs and commitment.” M.B. (11th grade, Georgia)

"I am 22 years of age . . . . I had always wanted to wait on God’s perfect timing to find a good Christian man and did not expect to find that while I was doing God’s work [as a missionary], but God blessed me by putting a good Christian guy in my life!! It is well worth the wait, so stay pure.” K.B. (Illinois).

"I think this is a great opportunity for our younger generation to make a significant change in the minds of our 'land of the free' society. It’s time for us as a nation to get back to the basics of life and start teaching our children the proper values and morals that they are so dearly deprived of. This is an awesome way to start that trend in America." A.G. (parent, Virginia)

"I am in the midst of leading a group of high school girls through the True Love Waits curriculum. We finish our class on February 15 with a purity commitment ceremony. Your program is offering the girls an opportunity to publicly tell what they are going to promise." L.B. (parent Pennsylvania)

"I have been dedicated to purity since I was a child. My parents told me why I should wait and I went to True Love Waits Seminars. I love the idea of this for schools. I am a College Student now and I wish we would have programs like this one while I was in school so that I could have reached people my age in school” (N.L., TX 18 years old)

"What an awesome way to show the world and our friends that we have the Lord behind us as our strength to control these desires that were naturally put within us, so that we would be able to share with that ONE special person one day. I’m grateful we have a God that offers us this gift of purity, and a day of accountability that will help us remember to remain pure until we are wed.” (T.K., MN, 22)