[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 13:33:08 PST 2004

Surely there is are many studies! You would know better than I!

But my point in specific was about Dean. This wasn't a generic advertising effect. People saw him up close, he got much higher negatives than other candidates -- he abnnoyed people -- and he lost. I don't think this can be attributed mainly to media brainwashing. I think he lost in IA and NH because he failed impress the voters who saw him close up. In my view. the media effect mainly works by keeping info from people who otherwise lack cheap or free access to ot (not includinf just money costs, but also effort). But with Dean. the caucus voters had the indormation/ They just didn't like what they saw. jks