[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 14 22:52:18 PST 2004

"People who work hard to keep food on the table

and are deluged with propaganda from infancy

trying to get them to max out half a dozen credit cards

to satisfy 'wants' that are largely constructed

by huge industries devoted to that purpose,

cannot be expected to carry out individual research projects

on every topic, or any topic. If people don't know the facts,

that's our fault: we've failed as organizers and activists.

So let's do more about it, instead of blaming people

for what they do not do on their own --

which would not be easy, by any means." --Noam Chomsky