[lbo-talk] Volume Control

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Feb 15 19:07:40 PST 2004

Quoting Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>:

> Aren't Left Business Observers who -- echoing the White House,
> Christopher Hitchens, et al. -- loudly protest that all or most
> resistance fighters in Iraq are Ba'athists, Islamists, Jihadist
[text deleted]
> left of it, but it doesn't appear that WWW stoops to the kind of
> over-the-top hate-mongering rhetoric that is favored on LBO-talk and
> that helps only Washington's propaganda machine.

This harping on LBOers and LBO-talk is beginning to irritate me. You're constantly denouncing everyone else around here as an oil-orc and stooge of Empire, when you know darn well that isn't true. And it's not a one-time thing, it's a constant drumbeat. It's a stigmatizing, accusatory hypermoralism which is more about discipline-and-punish, rather than instruct-and-emancipate.

Critique of positions and strategies is fine. But claiming that LBO-talk indulges in "hate-mongering rhetoric" is bozo.

-- DRR