[lbo-talk] Blackburn on Arendt and Heidegger's letters

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 02:20:11 PST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:45:38 +0300, Chris Doss <nomorebounces at mail.ru> wrote:

> What a load of horse patootie. Heidegger was a mild anti-Semite at worst.
> He had the political savvy of a 13-year-old, but he was not a vicious
> anti-Semite.

Oy vey!

The Heidegger heads here know these sources but, I guess you don't. "Books about Heidegger and politics." http://www.webcom.com/~paf/hb/hbpolit.html The Farias was the opening salvo in the Heidegger wars. The first edition of the Richard Wolin collection (who has a forthcoming volume on the influence of Nietzsche) from MIT Press, exciting a successful lawsuit by Derrida, though all he did was reprint an interview from Le Monde or Le Nouvel Observateur. Rockmore also has a good book on Lukacs and irrationalism. Zimmerman has a very good book also on Deep Ecology from UC Press.

-- Michael Pugliese