[lbo-talk] LBO-Talk = Outliers (What Do The Iraqi Resistance Debates And The Mars Rovers Debates Have In Common?)

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Feb 16 13:26:18 PST 2004

Quoting Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>:

> (I note that there are three persons of
> color in [B], whereas [A] are all white

Really? You have documentary proof of our ethnic identities? Too bad your amazing powers of observation don't extend to reading people's posts.

I'm a white male and I wrote, some time ago, that I'd personally prefer to see nonviolent civic resistance, but that ordinary Iraqis have as much right to pick up a gun to resist an evil and illegal invasion as the farmers of Lexington did in 1775. But I also refuse, then as now, to glorify violence or to consider war as anything other than what it is: something unspeakably monstrous, an absolute last resort. I'd be happy to support the Iraqi equivalent of the NLF and Ho Chi Minh, but I've seen no credible evidence of such a movement.

-- DRR