[lbo-talk] Horns and Halos

Arash arash at riseup.net
Mon Feb 16 20:58:23 PST 2004

There’s a good interview with the people who did the “Horns and Halo” documentary on Chris T’s Aerial View show on WFMU, http://wfmu.org/special.php scroll down to Aerial View, Friday evenings. I think they are also the same people from Soft Skull Press who put out “Fortunate Sun” after it got dropped from St. Martin’s press. Was Hatfield really murdered in relation to the book? I never heard about that.

Chris T. also has an episode where he interviews Chomsky that’s pretty interesting. First time I’ve ever heard anyone ask Chomsky’s his opinion on reality TV shows.

Arash

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Joseph Wanzala Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 1:59 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Horns and Halos

Official site: http://hornsandhalos.com/

On Wednesday Feb. 18, once only, will be shown on Cinemax cable channel the documentary film "Horns and Halos" about the book _Fortunate Son_ by James H Hatfield. This book details George W Bush's cocaine arrest, AWOL episode from the National Guard, crooked financial dealings, etc.

Hatfield was murdered for writing the book, and the least *you* can do is videotape the movie, and then show it to everyone you can drag in front of your TV.

The main Cinemax channel has a West Coast feed and an East Coast feed. They show the same films, but 3 hours later on the West than the East. Your cable system may get either or both.

If you're on the West Coast (Pacific Time), the broadcast times on the two feeds will be 4:00PM (East feed) and 7:00PM (West feed). If you're on the East Coast (Eastern Time), the times will be 7:00PM (East feed) and 10:00PM (West feed). If you're on the East Coast watching the East Coast feed, or if you're on the West Coast watching the West Coast feed, the film will be shown at 7:00PM local time. In any case check the schedule for your cable system.

I'm being redundant here because this film may very likely only be shown once -- *ever*. So please have a blank video cassette ready and tape it. Send the film's creators some money if you can. (There's not much you can do for Hatfield.)

Official site: http://hornsandhalos.com/

_________________________________________________________________ Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/