[lbo-talk] The best presidential campaign ever!

" Chris Doss " nomorebounces at mail.ru
Tue Feb 17 01:07:37 PST 2004

If people don't know that the Russian presidential elections are next month, that's not surprising -- everybody knows that Valdimir "75% approval rating" Putin is going to win. Nevertheless, the campaign does have its bright spots:

Zhirinovsky nominated his bodyguard as the LDPR candidate. I caught Zhirik on TV last night plugging him: "I've already run for preident two times and am tired of it, but I recommend my bodyguard. All our competitors were beaurocrats in the Soviet era. Not my guy! He was a worker! Vote for him! He's a real Russian! He was a miner, and now he's a bodyguard who knows how to kick ass! He's an athlete who performed in Ultimate Fighting matches. That's right, Ultimate Fighting -- no rules! He knows how to kick ass, I repeat! He is big and strong! Russia needs a president who is big and strong and kicks ass in Ultimate Fighting! Vote for the kick-ass Ultimate Fighting presidential candidate!"

I love Zhirik. He brings self-parody to new levels.