[lbo-talk] Targeting Only "the Likely Voters" -> Attacks on the GP

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 17 13:05:38 PST 2004

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>It does not take rocket science to figure that out. Which makes me
>wonder whether insignificant minority groups putting their "candidates"
>for president are either (a) monumentally naïve or (b) acting as 'Trojan
>donkeys' in their own ideological rank and file (GP among liberals,
>Reform and Libertarians among conservatives).

A lot of Greens and other varieties of American leftists don't see elections as a path to taking power, but as a way of making a point. As I keep saying about Nader's last two runs, if he'd used the runs to build the Green party they could have made sense. But if he's just "making a point" - which is what he'd be doing with an independent candidacy this year - then he'd be better off writing a book.

Doug