[lbo-talk] Bush expected to announce candidacy any day now

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 17 15:40:54 PST 2004

John Halle wrote:

>>Considering that just about every progressive mass organizer in
>>this country wants to see Bush defeated, perhaps that should tell
>>us something?
>
>Correct.
>
>And any progressive organizer with any sense recognizes that the
>long term goal of building a long term challenge to corporate
>hegemony cannot go into hibernation every time the worst excesses of
>capital reveal themselves, as they have, like clockwork over the
>past two decades.
>
>You have said a lot about the first and nothing about the second.
>
>Do you care?

You've criticized me and others for treating people we disagree with as idiots, though I plead innocent to the charge. But what are you doing here but accusing someone who may not even disagree with you of being indifferent, and maybe even a dolt for not seeing things your way. There's no one who posts here regularly whose intelligence or good faith deserves to be doubted.

Doug