[lbo-talk] Support the Most Progressive Forces

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 17 23:26:33 PST 2004

>[lbo-talk] Counter-Insurgency: the Malayan Campaign
>John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
>Tue Feb 17 05:59:46 PST 2004
<snip>
>Why is it so difficult for some people to concede that some of the
>political forces in Iraq that are opposed to the US/UK for one
>reason or another are themselves politically unsavory? Shouldn't we
>be doing all we can to support the most progressive forces in Iraq
>so that they at least have a fighting chance?

Of course, we recognize that "some of the political forces in Iraq that are opposed to the US/UK for one reason or another are themselves politically unsavory." No one here said otherwise.

I do wonder, though, why you think that we should be doing "all we can to support the most progressive forces in Iraq so that they at least have a fighting chance" but not here in the USA. Supporting the most progressive forces anywhere is a difficult task when the dominant ideology says we should support the lesser evil, but it is much easier to support the most progressive forces at home rather than abroad, in my opinion. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>