[lbo-talk] Bush expected to announce candidacy any day now

lweiger at umich.edu lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Feb 18 00:40:49 PST 2004

Quoting John Halle <john.halle at yale.edu>:0

> Please. We have on the list, for example, Brad DeLong who not only
> has no problem with corporate power but actually implemented policies
> which tightened the corporate noose around the economy during the
> Clinton administration. Another, from my day, was the vile neo-con
> Leo Casey, who, in his capacity as a UFT functionary presided over
> business unionism in its most craven form. (I'll forgo mentioning
> others.)

To my knowledge, there are only three Dem-party apologists on this list (I'm one of them). There might be two or three more social democrats. Everyone else is further (in many cases, much further) to the left. Even if we can all be classified as pro-corporate (I think that's a bit much, myself), to say that "all" lbo-talk members are anti-corporate isn't much of a hyperbole.

-- Luke