[lbo-talk] Bush expected to announce candidacy any day now

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 09:29:54 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

But I am really struggling to understand what that supposed majority on this list actually mean by saying or implying when they position themselves to the left of social democracy or by denouncing the Democratic party as "treacherous" (of whom or what?). Seriously, folks, what is it exactly that you want? I know what you do NOT want, but can anyone point at an institutional order or policies anywhere in the world and say "This is what I want in this country"? Or at least describe such an order and policies in less than 300 words and a matter-of-fact language?

Wojtek

1] immediate withdrawal of US from Iraq 2] national health care system for all US citizens 3] 'free' university level education to any student with HS Dip. or GED 4] immediate cessation of the Joint Strike Fighter pork barrel project and the plans to further militarize space with funds redirected to the EPA, NIH, NSF etc. 5] repeal of Taft-Hartley legislation 6] all wage income taxed for Social Security 7] wealth tax of 3% on the top 5% of the population 8] steeper inheritance/accession tax 9] end to the war on some drugs 10] federalization of the corporate chartering process, labor representation on company boards and totally open books for all business' accompanied by greater surveillance powers by IRS to ensure compliance with US tax code 11] implementation of a variation on the Sky Trust pollution abatement alternative to the 'clear skies initiative' with payouts to all citizens modeled on the Alaska Permanent Fund 12] complete rethink and re-authorization of the Federal Reserve System 13] rewriting the US tax code 14] creeping whatchamacallit.......