[lbo-talk] Bush expected to announce candidacy any day now

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Wed Feb 18 11:39:59 PST 2004

From: "Jon Johanning"
> Don't ask me how; frankly, I'm baffled by the problem of confronting
> such massive irrationality. It's possible that the emerging issue of
> "outsourcing" and lingering unemployment is a sign that workers are
> starting to think about their actual situation in the economic system,
> but there is still no presence on the U.S. political scene of a party
> or candidate with a clear, persuasive anti-capitalist message. In the
> absence of that, God obviously makes more sense to most people.

people paint with such broad brushes on this forum one could write a thesis answering one post Our job is not so huge as one would at first imagine, first we need to forget all this party nonsense, third parties are doomed. Anti capitalist candidates ? Indoctrination from birth is too great a hurdle to overcome, use the power of your opponent, what do we know- 50% of the population are so alienated they don't bother to vote, we must encourage the other 50% to stop voting also. We are halfway there people, don't tell people what could work better, tell them what they can already see, the system isn't working, isn't it easier to get someone to do nothing rather than swim upstream. We need the parties to fragment, get them down to our size.

Gary? ride si sapis