[lbo-talk] Kerry Embodies New Left Ideals

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 19 08:48:55 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Chip on Waller,
> http://www.publiceye.org/huntred/Hunt_For_Red_Menace-16.htm

That's a very interesting article by Chip, which touches on much of the stuff I've observed about the right over the years. For example, Indymedia tightened up moderation of its newswires after I alerted the network to a right wing conspiracy to disrupt that international project.

It's also clear that the "war on terrorism" is an attempt to create a new "red menace" that the ruling class will use to control dissent. The American state was trying to get people worked up about terrorism before 9-11, but 9-11 provided with the perfect crucible to create the new bogeyman of fear. It's pretty obvious if you follow the kooky American right that they are trying to paint associations between "Islamic terrorism" and liberals, radicals and activists. It's disturbing that there are some on the Left who say that they support the "War on Terrorism." Every leftist has to oppose this so-called war because it is actually a war on us. Remember how the capture of Hussein was celebrated as a defeat for the Left, instead of a victory against tyranny.

So I'm wondering what Chip and the reast of you think about how we should fight back against the whacko right. We anarchists have has success lately in disrupting the racist right by confronting them with violence and giving them a poison pill, but how do we fight back against the "right wing extremists in suits." Give them a dose of their own medicine? Bait them into embarassing positions? Confront them in an alley with baseball bats?

Chuck0