[lbo-talk] Not Burnout - Bush Out

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Thu Feb 19 13:06:16 PST 2004

Yellow Dog Democrats Unite!

I grew weary of all the intellectualizing about the flaws of the Democratic candidates.

So I wrote this song parody...

Not Burn Out - Bush Out

Sung to the tune of the chorus/refrain in "Out Of The Blue" by Neil Young (aka -" My My, Hey Hey; Rock and Roll is here to stay.") (aka -" This is the story of a Johnny Rotten") (apologies to Neil Young)

Not Burn Out - Bush Out

My My, Hey Hey. Tell George Bush he's in the way. Send him back to Texas. Let him fade away. My My, Hey Hey.

Hey Hey, Ho Ho. Georgie Bush has got to go. Forget about burnout, Toss him in the snow. Hey Hey, Ho Ho.

Ho Ho. Hoo Hoo. Bush dynastics are not cool. It's better to dump him, than to let him rule. Ho Ho. Hoo Hoo.

Hoo Hoo, Hey Hey. Bush aggression cannot stay Imperial conduct? Not another day! Hoo Hoo, Hey Hey.

Hey Hey, Ha Ha. Moronic speeches; stick in my craw. But we'll get the last laugh, When Bush is shocked and awed. Hey Hey, Ha Ha.

-Chip Berlet