[lbo-talk] Taking Power

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 20 08:50:20 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>But building such a party takes a long time, and, frankly, I don't
>think that LBO-talk (where patience is in short supply)

Huh? My critique of Green strategy is precisely that they had been trying to leapfrog the years of local organizing necessary to create a national party by running a celebrity for president, and it didn't work. And I've said about 146 times that my only hope for a Dem president is slightly better policies and a better discursive and organizing environment, which is all about patience. I don't think that anyone in the ABB camp differs significantly from me on either of those issues. So who are all these impatient people you're talking about?

Doug