[lbo-talk] McEntee: Dean is "nuts"

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Feb 20 14:14:06 PST 2004

> (1) It's the only national body of unions we've got, and (2) it's slowly
> getting better. I know, I know, we're far from the realm of IG Metall, but
you
> have to start somewhere.
>
> -- DRR

I'm still a proud member. I'm not throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Nonetheless, I don't buy the "slowly getting better" claim, which is now 15 years old. Until there's a true revolt and housecleaning (e.g., direct grassroots election of convention delegates and "international" officers) from within, Denmark will remain rotten. Sweeney, McEntee, et al. are old wine in partially new bottles. Why do left labor supporters continue to imagine otherwise? Look at the basic operations. Nothing of substance has changed.