[lbo-talk] Racism in Russia

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 21 10:37:29 PST 2004

>chris Doss wrote;
>
>There is very little "racism" in Russia, as I have
>said before, because there is very little concept of
>"race."

Glad to know that all those who were killed, maimed, and/or raped in all the pogroms were not victims of "racism" because the Cossacks, black hundreds, Nicholas the Bloody, et al., had no "concept of race." It must be a real consolation, as well, to every African student killed, maimed, and/or raped by skinheads to know that Russian skinheads, unlike their counterparts everywhere else, are not "racists."

Dwayne quotes:

>Also intriguing were the statements of a
>representative of a 'nationalist' party who, on the
>one hand, made 'Russia for Russians' sort of noises
>while, on the other hand, stressed he was not refering
>to a genetic or 'racial' definition of Russian-ness
>but a purely cultural one. He had no trouble imagining
>Black Russians so long as they thought and acted
>Russian.
>
>It's difficult to imagine a similar American group
>with a comparably regressive yet open-ended definition
>for group membership.

Ever heard of the Christian Coalition? "Our" Xtian Fundamentalists are more than welcoming to Blacks, "Jews for Jesus," "cured" Gays, or anyone else claiming to be "Saved."

Shane Mage

"Mortals immortals, immortals mortals,

living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62