[lbo-talk] Re: fashion

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Feb 21 18:51:39 PST 2004

Carl writes:

"But simple doesn't have to mean dull, which most US fashion certainly is these days. I mean, what could be simpler than a sari -- just 5 1/2 meters of wrapped fabric (or so a quick Web fact-checking tells me) and typically so much more dazzlingly colored and flattering than contemporary US fashion.

I don't know whether women find saris comfortable but they sure look great."

Absolutely. Saris are beautiful -- but they take some getting used to. If you don't know how to wear one, you look ridiculous. I know, I've tried. Also, and alas, they are not all that practical -- hard to get in and out of a car wearing one.

Joanna