[lbo-talk] Re: Ralph

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 23 08:38:45 PST 2004

Dear List:

My husband and I watched the Ralph/Arnold double bill on Sunday and some thoughts struck us.

1) They both seemed so much alike - evading questions as being hypothetical (isn't that what most questions are?). One comes across as a vanity governor and the other as a vanity candidate.

2) What is with Ralph and gay marriage -- he had to be asked twice if he was for it. It seems a no-brainer. Didn't he learn anything in the last 4 years? When Russert asks him if a Dem presidency would mean a difference in the area of judicial appointments and the environment he says yes and then in the next breath he says there is no difference between the two parties. He cannot have it both ways.

3) My husband (who doesn't follow politics as I do) said Ralph came across as a very intelligent man who doesn't know what to do with his intelligence. Also, what appeal is he expected to generate in the Black community? Both here in New York City and in South Carolina (where my husband is from) the sentiment seems to be that we have to get rid of Bush

4) (Since we recently had a thread on fashion) Didn't anyone ever tell Ralph not to wear a button-own oxford shirt with a suit? LOL? Seems just another aspect of his willful disregard of reality.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister