[lbo-talk] Re: Ralph

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 23 12:14:59 PST 2004

Dear List:

1) As far as fashion and Nader: I have heard of throwback jerseys, but throwback suits and ties? LOL. Ralph needs to get out more in the real world. But seriously, the clothes seem to me indicative of a mindset that looks backward instead of forward. His obvious distaste/discomfort with gay marriage and pornography mark him (for me) as someone in the wayback machine with Mr. Peabody. With respect, for a progressive leftist to say that it is incumbent upon the left to support him (as one poster did) seems to fly in the face of common sense. Ralph Nader just doesn't come off as being part of this century, never mind this moment.

If the Green Party were to chose him as their nominee I would seriously have to wonder whether they too were looking forward or backward.

2) As for Wojtek's question: my husband and I call each other husband (among other names I prefer not share with the list LOL).

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister