[lbo-talk] Rwanda and racism

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:57:18 PST 2004

zigactly! and little is ever said of the counter-genocide in Zaire carried out by Kagame troops - Western journalists like Phillip Gourevitch and the do-gooder NGOs have tended to 'side' with the Tutsis and ignore more fundamental questions.

- the only point I'd quibble with is the question of Uganda's role in the Congo, I think Uganda's Museveni, as well as Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Nujoma of Namibia and Dos Santos of Angola were, along with various mining concerns, all stumbling over each other to pillage the Congo, but the invasion of the Congo by Kagame had Uganda's - the Americans' support. It is only when Kabila kicked out Kagame's Ugandan/Tutsi mafia and decided he wanted all the loot for himself that things began to turn sour between Kagame and Museveni. A French judge recently issued a ruling vindicating Cameroonian journalist Charles Onana's charge (laid out in the book "Les Secrets Du Génocide Rwandais, Enquête Sur les Mystères D’un Président - The Secrets of the Rwandan Genocide, Investigations on the Mysteries of a President) that Kagame was responsible for shooting down the plane triggered the mass killings.