[lbo-talk] Marriage roles (was Ralph)

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 23 15:14:37 PST 2004

>>The question is not merely academic. If same sex marriages were to be
>>legalized, how would the issue of gender roles in such unions be
>>resolved?

>I'm not sure I get the question: What has to be resolved about them? Who does the laundry? Who cooks? Who tops or >bottoms? Do straight people have to resolve these things as a prerequisite for getting married?

We did. My wife does the things only she’s biologically capable of doing; bearing and nursing children, teaching our daughter how to cope with menstruation. Her husband does the things only he’s biologically capable of doing....and when I figure out what they are I’ll let you know.

Everything, and I mean everything, else is a shared responsibility.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon