[lbo-talk] DSA Youth

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 23 17:32:34 PST 2004

bradhatch wrote:

>Doug, what other connections do you have with DSA? I joined DSA over 8 years
>ago because I thought they provided some theoretical backing for the
>activist community I was involved in. After reading your editorial you wrote
>with Christian Parenti, I thought that DSA would be an organization you'd be
>involved with. Are you a member?

No, ain't a member of nuthin' except the National Writers Union, URPE, the American Association of Public Opinion Research, and the International Association for Feminist Economics. The youth part of DSA seems a lot livelier than the grownups. From time to time I've thought of joining Solidarity, but have always stopped short of doing the deed. I do worry about reconciling party membership with being an honest, independent journalist.

Doug