[lbo-talk] Re: Rwandan massacres not racist?

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Tue Feb 24 00:59:04 PST 2004

Wouldn't it make more sense to say that we should see where the interaction leads and judge the result instead of decreeing either separation or intermingling is better? There is obviously going to be a change in both sides (provided that neither side is foundational, but even then there is hope sometimes) and it is the resultant action/behavior that is important (in the Jamesian sense of pluralism). Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister

Yuk. The idea that there are distinct races is ideological long before you even start talking about "intermingling" as a good or a bad thing. It is a faulty premise and can only help to perpetuate racism. (see my other post). You can only talk about pluralism if you have already accepted the singularities as commonly defined. Tahir