[lbo-talk] Christopher Buckley

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 04:59:05 PST 2004

Lance Murdoch:

> For some reason I was watching Dennis Miller's show --

Ah, Lance, you'll have to do better than that. I got paid to watch that tripe rot. Don't tell me you were slumming . . .

> and Christopher Buckley, William F. Buckley's son was on it.
> I noticed young Buckley had
> the same facial tic his father has - I wonder if it is congenital or some
> kind of affectation.

I've wondered that as well. If you watch the old "Firing Line" from the 60s, Buck Sr.'s face jumps all over the place, while his body stretches and contorts with each reactionary sally. Could be that son is imitating father, though I don't know why he would. In this case, son is a better writer than father.

DP