[lbo-talk] RE: boom box aggression

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Feb 24 09:23:16 PST 2004

Woj writes:

"PS. The car radio blasting is not exclusively a "n-word thing" - I see the "white trash" doing that a lot too. I see it mainly as the case of typical "US boorishness and arrogance" - since one does not see much of that behavior outside the US (e.g. in Europe or in Africa)."

A few years ago a friend, irritated by passing boom-box-cars, started fantasizing a revenge plot: drive through the ghetto with his car blasting Barbara Streisand: "Peeeeeple! Peeeple who need Peeeple! Are the luckiiiiiest peeeeple, in the world."

OK. He didn't do it. But it was a hillarious image.

Joanna